The main advantages of INS are as following
(1) Since it is an autonomous system that does not depend on any external information and does not radiate energy to the outside, it is well concealed and is not affected by external electromagnetic interference.
(2) It can work globally and at full time on the surface of the Earth and even underwater
(3) It can provide position, speed, heading and attitude angle data, and the generated navigation information has good continuity and low noise.
(4) High data update rate, short-term accuracy and stability.
The disadvantages are:
(1) Since the navigation information is generated after integration, the positioning error increases with time, and the long-term accuracy is poor;
(2) Longer initial alignment time before each use;
(3) The price of equipment is expensive;
(4) Cannot give time information.
For more information, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org