Inertial navigation systems(INS) have the following major advantages.
(1) Since it is an autonomous system that does not rely on any external information and does not radiate energy to the outside, it is well concealed and unaffected by external electromagnetic interference
(2) It can work globally and at full time throughout the day. On the surface of the Earth and even underwater.
(3) It can provide position, velocity, heading and attitude angle data. The generated navigation information has good continuity and low noise.
(4) High data update rate, short-term accuracy and stability.
The disadvantages are:
(1) As the navigation information is generated after integration, the positioning error increases with time and the long-term accuracy is poor
(2) Longer initial alignment time is required before each use
(3) The price of the equipment is Expensive
(4) Cannot give time information.