Inertial navigation system has the following advantages:
1. because it is not dependent on any external information, nor to the external radiation energy of autonomous system, therefore it has good concealment, is not affected by the outside electromagnetic interference;
2. Can work in the air, earth surface and even under water all day and all time;
3. The location, speed, course and attitude Angle data can be provided, and the navigation information generated is continuous and low noise;
4. High data update rate, short term accuracy and good stability.
The disadvantages are :
1.Due to the integration of the navigation information, the positioning error increases with time and the long-term accuracy is poor.
2. Long initial alignment time is required before each use;
3. The equipment is more expensive;
4. No time information can be given.